Colorado... sweet Colorado. My mom and I just returned from a week long trip to Durango, Co. We've made this trip dozens of times before, starting sometime in the '90s. It's always been something I look forward to, and can't count how many times in the past year I dreamed of the cool Colorado air, or the tree covered mountain tops. After two days of driving through the burning desert, my dreams came true. I found myself driving on beautiful roads through valleys and over mountains. Every where I looked I saw only trees or meadows, and suddenly I felt as if I could breathe. Our friends are building a house presently, so we stayed in a camper on their beautiful property nestled nicely in the forest. Everyday I would go for a walk along the quiet, still dirt road leading out to their new home. It was so peaceful. It was really nice to spend some time with my mom. She is such a fun, kind, generous person. It's incredible when your parents turn into your friends. It's an honor really. It was good to see our friends as well. I've known them longer than I can remember. Barbs ex-husband grew up with my dad and was the best man in my mom and dad's wedding. Of course, our families have changed, and grown, and molded over the years, but somehow we've remained close. It's wild to see the kids I grew up knowing as kids turn into adults, and I wonder if I could have grown up too in the last 22 years... All in all it was a wonderful trip. We truly do live in a beautiful, beautiful world.


Four Corners... Little did you know, I'm standing in four states at once.... my mom wanted me to get on all fours. I told her I was a grown woman. If my brother was there we would have taken an awesome picture I'm sure. We have some pretty sweet ones of us circa 1996...

Comments

Flo Paris said…
My brother lived in Durango for a year, weird!

Popular Posts