This morning, Or last night, or yesterday, I had to say goodbye to Cairo, Egypt. It was some what surreal. Well, actually completely surreal. I still can not believe I will never go home to Garbage City, or see the beautiful pregnant Sudanese women. I will never buy fruit from the fruit stand or bread from my baker. I will not hear "WELCOME TO CAIRO!" every minute of every day. I won't have to exhaust my Arabic to get the price down on a taxi, nor will I eat yogurt, honey, pomegranate, and bananas every morning. Instead of Nescafe, I will have Chai. Instead of taxis rickshaws. Instead of long skirts, and long sleeve shirts, I will wear punjabis. Oh my gosh. I will be delivering babies. Soon.
But now, all I have to think about is an eight hour layover in Bangkok, Thailand. And on to all night, and day of fun in Sri Lanka. I am very excited. I'm concerned about becoming Vitamin D deficient. Maybe I can expose an arm long enough in Sri Lanka to absorb some. It was funny coming into Thailand today, seeing people in short sleeves and skirts. Shocking really. I've gotten quite used to being, and seeing others fully clothed.
I am excited for a new season. I can hardly believe the last one has ended, but I am excited for the next. Wow. I am on the last leg of the Birth Attendant School. Sometimes I don't understand how fast time can fly right in front of you. I suppose it only grows faster with age. I must enjoy it while I can. So... "Thailand, I'm all yours."
Here are some pictures of us saying our "goodbyes". Some sad days...


Comments

Popular Posts