REVELATION... So it's been a little while since I last posted anything about life here in Western Australia. It's been wild, busy, and amazing. Last week we studied the biblical perspective of birth. It was powerful. All this time we've been really focasing in on all of the technical things, and last week it was just really amazing, overwhelming really, to get into all of the spiritual aspects of birth. The responsibility we have as midwives to pray over these babies. Destinies, and life. It blows my mind that I could deliver a baby, and thirty years later, that same baby is capable of affecting the world. That is amazing. And really intense at the same time. I don't think I'll understand the depth of what I'm actually getting myself into. But how thankful I am.
This week we have a wonderful Australian midwife with an outrageous knowledge of midwifery as well as a corky personality, and incredible sense of humor. We've been rolling all week. It's been really fun. I've learned alot from her. Even though at times, her 25 some odd years of nursing catches up with her and information goes straight over my head. This morning we watched a video birth. I've seen them before, but it's really different watching it thinking, "okay, I'm about ready to go and actually do this..." I watched in awe, the excitment rising up in my belly, then when it was over, I just started to cry. I am so amazed by our bodies, by Jesus, by my calling, by this grace I've been shown... I'm so unworthy of such a task. I am so unable of such a task. But how greatful I am to have been asked to do it.
We read Isaiah 53 last week. I could hardly breathe. Since then, I have been overwhelmed and blessed by this tremendous revelation of who Jesus was, and who Jesus still is today. He is real. It's funny how sometimes I water down His realness. But He is straight up, no joke, REAL. And He's changed me, loved me, made me who I am. If you don't believe in Jesus, just look at my life. Who I used to be, and who I am now. That's Jesus. An amazing, intimate, beautiful, forgiving, empowering, loving, God. I am simply undone.
I love babies. I love babies. I love babies.

Comments

Popular Posts