Gratefulness. Last night The Parsons and I watched "The Pursuit of Happyness" staring Will Smith. (Side note- If I wasn't to marry JTT, Will Smith was always my next choice.) Throughout the movie I was overwhelmed with how thankful I am to have the family and friends I have. Dreams can seemingly be accomplished by one's lonesome, but I am so thankful to have friends and family along side while I try. It seems to be so much more delightful that way. I was thinking about how homelessness, brokeness, and isolation are things that I could only accomplish if I completely alienated myself from those who love me. Even then, I'm still not sure they'd let me go. I am so overwhelmed by the knowledge that I am, and probably always will be, surrounded by people who love and support me. Its incredible how a bit of perspective can bring about such wonderful revelations. So, to all of you who have supported me through out my "pursuit of happiness"- Thank you. And for those who will continue to support me- Thank you. I have been dealt a wonderful little hand in this life. A wonderful family, wonderful friends, a nice city, fun housemates, an amazing partner with a wonderful family, a great job, a nice school adventure, attainable dreams and goals... etc etc... the list could go on... Its really nice to realize how lucky I really am. I've accomplished so much already with the love and guidance of community, and look forward to being supported through the next adventure. I love you all very much. Here's to a truly Happy New Year.

Comments

Flo Paris said…
I had a crush on Will Smith for YEARS. all the way through high school..and beyond.

Popular Posts