Class today was amazing. The topic was "A Godly Midwife". So powerful. This trade is so much more than just catching babies. It's about declaring life, and freedom. Finding courage in Jesus, in scary situations, when things don't look good for either mother or child. Drawing so much courage from Him that it flows out of your mouth into the ears of the mother and pushes her to continue laboring. The hands and feet of Jesus. The two handed gosspel. How amazing. Claiming life over the lifeless, dreams and destinies over those "destined to fail" in the eyes of the world. Ushering in lives that could change this world. Looking at a mother, who is deemed "valueless" by her culture, her world, and telling her that she is worth far more that gold. Worth more than even the most costly pearl. Worth fighting for, worth dreaming for, worth praying for. Allowing her to see that she deserves the best care, gentle care, peaceful care, loving care. That she deserves health, and life and happiness. To be the one that sits beside her in the most trying time pouring out the scent of Jesus, the peace of Jesus, the joy of Jesus. To give hope to the hopeless. I am simply blown away. This is far more than i signed up for. But how thankful I am that I did.

I really feel like Jesus is taking me into a season on growth. I feel like I have learned more in the last week than I did all year. I hope that through my words, you can come away with even a small piece of the blessing I feel I've received by coming here.

Thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart, all of you who prayed for me, all of you who gave to my cause, both of which helped get me here. You have helped give me such a beautiful gift. God is so good. God is so faithful. I trust Him. I trust Him for good in my life, for good in your lives, and for good in the lives of those I'll be serving in the next year. Please take up the abundant life God offers us so freely. It is more than worth it. Fight for those you love. Fight for Jesus. You'll learn so much about yourself. So much about what it is to truly love. To love past yourself... what a beautiful thing. Jesus help me love all those around me and in my world with a love that runs deeper than myself. With a love routed in you.
Dream. Be courageous. Take risks. Be blessed.

Comments

carina romano said…
so good to hear all your stories. i look forward to reading more!

Popular Posts