Today started our offical "midwifery training". We learned all about vital signs: blood pressure, pulse and breathing. It was really wonderful to hear it taught with love as the focas. With the idea that taking a person's vital signs give you a reason to physically touch someone, in love. Alot of the people we will be coming in contact with on our feild assinment will have fairly obvious deformities, or won't be used to being touched in a loving and gental way. I feel so honored to be able to be the hands of Jesus in such a practical way. It was nice to "test the waters" this morning, touching on some of the medical terms, and things. They are so itimidating to me, but this morning I just really felt like the grace of God was resting on me, as things were just making sense. I know it will be a long road of practicing taking blood pressure, and really becoming comfortable with vital signs, but this morning, for the first time, I felt confident... like I can really do this. It is going to be probably one of the hardest things I've ever done, I will probably cry alot... I will probably pray alot, at some point want to quit, but at the end of the day, I really think I'll be able to do this. Good thing, I guess, since I already paid for the first half... : )
It's just so wild to me that I am actually living out this dream. I've wanted this for so long now, and it's actually here. The girls in my school are amazing. Two Americans, Three Canadians, One German, One Australian, and then One Australian from last years school. Already I feel like I love them... I'm so excited to see how we'll grow as a family together over the next year. My leaders are so wonderful as well. I'm anxious to glean from them wisdom and knowledge.
In the afternoons here, I work in the gardens. It is so much fun. I really enjoy the girl I work with, and gardening is always wonderful. So peaceful, and productive. So life giving. Practice before I actually have to give life to humans... ahhh... wild.
Anyway... I love it here... I love love love learning. I love loving. It's going to be a really good year.
Please pray for me as I am sick... Ears, throat and lungs. Thank you. I need to be clear minded for class, I don't want to miss a thing... some of my classmates are sick as well, they need prayer too.
I love you all so much, and pray for you daily.
Bless you.

Comments

m | heck said…
Bess, I love you...you are awesome. You are in our prayers. I know that the Lord is, and will continue to use you in all that you do.

p.s. Eli McCoy is due Aug. 4th. He will be waiting to meet you when you come home.

Popular Posts